Verruca is a type of a wart which typically develops on the sole of the foot. They are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV) and appear as small lumps which can be either painless or painful. They tend to go away eventually on their own, however, this may take months or years and they can easily spread to other body parts and to other people.
Here at South Dublin Podiatry we will assess your verruca and advise you on the best treatment approach. On the initial appointment we will pare down the verruca and treat it with highly concentrated salicylic acid to kill all cells infected by the virus. You will be then advised to continue treating it at home for a few weeks with the recommended treatment or attend clinic on weekly bases until your verruca clears up. This normally takes a couple of weeks.
Recently we introduced a new treatment for plantar warts (aka verruca) with the use of a topical solution based on Nitric Complex ®. It is an ideal treatment for the stubborn verrucas that do not respond well to other treatments. With effectiveness of 90%, you need an average of 3 sessions with a maximum of 6 to achieve complete resolution.
6 Reasons To Choose South Dublin Podiatry
- You Get Our Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment you don’t have to pay.) Terms & Conditions
- You Can Park 100% for Free Right Outside The Door
- You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone
- You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen On Saturday……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- You Can Take Up Our Of Offer A Free Phone Consult With Our Podiatry Team Before You Arrive If You Are Unsure If We Can Help You.
- You Get Treated By Medics Who Specialise In Feet Only, So They KNOW Whats Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.
What Are People Saying About South Dublin Podiatry?
''Thank you for your warm welcome to your podiatry clinic yesterday. I was very impressed by the care and attention received. Following my consultation I now realise the importance of taking care of our feet. Your advice was informative and practical. I look forward to our follow up visit in early January. I would be happy to recommend the Podiatry clinic to those seeking good care and advice.''
I can highly recommend South Dublin Podiatry. My appointment was punctual and after a quick consultation Wioleta immediately started my treatment. She provided me with additional information and advice. My experience was very positive. Great professional service in a clean modern office.