Lacuna Method for Fungal Nails
Lacuna Method is a simple, effective treatment of fungal nail infections.
How do I know I have fungal nails?
You may have noticed changes in the texture, quality and colour of your nails. Sometimes it is noticed after nail varnish or gels have been removed. Typical first signs are yellowing or brown discolouration, nails may become thick, crumbly or brittle. Nails can become distorted, misshapen and may lift from the nail bed, losing their healthy shine.
Nail Fungus Signs:
- Thickened nails
- Crumbly or brittle nails
- Distorted in shape or lifting
- White, yellow or brown coloured nails
- Nails without a healthy shine
What is the Lacuna Method?
The lacuna method is a treatment for fungal nails which involves drilling multiple micro holes through the nail plate , this allows an antifungal solution such as lamisil AT 1% spray to be transported to the area of infection (the nail bed) directly. Your practitioner will advise you on the frequency and duration of the application of the spray. Pressure applied to the nail when walking will aid in spreading the medicament under the nail.
As the nail is ‘dead’ the holes will remain and will grow out naturally. Review appointments are recommended on average every 6 weeks; however, this may vary, and your practitioner will advise you.
This is a relatively new treatment and although short-term studies have been very encouraging, no treatment can be guaranteed to be 100% successful.
6 Reasons To Choose South Dublin Podiatry
- You Get Our Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction. (If you’re not 100% satisfied with your appointment you don’t have to pay.) Terms & Conditions
- You Can Park 100% for Free Right Outside The Door
- You Can Book Online 24/7 Right From Your Phone
- You Can Get A Late Appointment Or Seen On Saturday……No Need To Take Time Off Work.
- You Can Take Up Our Of Offer A Free Phone Consult With Our Podiatry Team Before You Arrive If You Are Unsure If We Can Help You.
- You Get Treated By Medics Who Specialise In Feet Only, So They KNOW Whats Needed To Get You Back On Your Feet.
What Are People Saying About South Dublin Podiatry?
''Thank you for your warm welcome to your podiatry clinic yesterday. I was very impressed by the care and attention received. Following my consultation I now realise the importance of taking care of our feet. Your advice was informative and practical. I look forward to our follow up visit in early January. I would be happy to recommend the Podiatry clinic to those seeking good care and advice.''
I can highly recommend South Dublin Podiatry. My appointment was punctual and after a quick consultation Wioleta immediately started my treatment. She provided me with additional information and advice. My experience was very positive. Great professional service in a clean modern office.